Sistemi a Fibre Ottiche FT-IR | Spettrometri FT-IR a Fibre Ottiche
Remspec Corporation is the premier source for high-quality, high-performance fiber-optic spectroscopy systems that operate in the mid-infrared. We invented the highest performance ATR system on the market and our patented reflectance and transmission probes are second to none.
In addition to our flagship ReactionView&trade and SpotView&trade systems, we manufacture modular systems that can be coupled to almost any FTIR spectrometer. We also develop innovative software for the collection and analysis of spectroscopic reaction data.
Remspec was founded in 1993 by Dr. Peter Melling and Dr. Mary Thomson. Remspec has pioneered the application of infrared fiberoptic technology to in-situ analysis of chemical reactions, human tissue and solid surfaces. Based on work in 1990 at Galileo Electro-Optics by Dr. Melling and coworkers resulting in US patent 5,170,056 (1992), Remspec has developed and refined the technology. Starting with simple probes and accessory systems Remspec has developed fully integrated turnkey systems optimized specifically for the reaction monitoring customer that offer an unmatched range of temperature, pressure and wavelength performance.
REMSPEC's first include:
- First commercially available fiber optic bundle probe operating in the mid infrared (1994).
- First IR fiber optic probe with interchangeable analysis heads, (reflectance, transmission, or ATR) including a choice of materials for the optical crystal. US patent 5,754,222 (1998).
- Remspec's enhanced technology combining fibers of two optical materials in one bundle to eliminate regions of low transmission US Patent 5,754,715 (1988).
- First IR fiber optic probe to operate at -90 C
- First IR fiber optic probe capable of operation at temperatures over 200 C and pressures over 200 bar. US patent 5,923,808 (1999).
- Fiber optic coupled grazing angle technology for analysis of contamination levels on surfaces down to levels less than a monolayer US Patent 6,310,348 (2001). This lead to an R&D 100 award for Remspec in 2002.
- First multiplexed Mid IR fiber optic system for reaction analysis.
- First reaction monitoring software to have rotatable 3D plots that are updated in real time.
- First and still the only reaction monitoring software to offer real time peak fitting deconvolution for trending.
- First and only reaction analysis software to offer PCA/ITTR analysis with visualization of the PCA factors & scores and synthetic spectra & scores combined with 3D residual analysis to judge the quality of the results.
- First vendor to use a human readable XML format (REaction Markup Language [REML]) as the default for data storage.
Our innovation has always been led by our understanding of our customers needs. Where possible Remspec has adopted a modular approach to our system design. We have avoided complicated single purpose designs. This improves reliability, reduces costs and maximizes the flexibility of our systems. In addition to its commitment to hardware development, Remspec appreciates the importance of ease of use, and data analysis, to our customers. To this end our software has been designed and specified by our applications scientists and customers not by our programmers. Applications support is a big part of what we do and we are always ready to help customers with advice on how to use the equipment and how to interpret their data.